Monday, February 7, 2011

Cinnamon Swirl Quick Bread


The roads outside are terrible. We are in the middle of a winter storm warning (up to 50cm by the end of today) which isn't that bad,... This is Canada after all, and its only February, so definitely expected. What made the roads so terrible, was that we were in a beautiful Chinook last week... On Saturday morning It was T-shirt weather outside, and all the snow we got in the last big storm was well on its way to being melted away... Lots of melting, followed by a very quick drop in temperature and then a snowfall warning, equals not good... All the ice on the roads is covered by a fresh coat of snow, and it seems like everyone drives like assholes whenever the weather changes again.
After being outside in that, And a very long day at the barn, I just wanted to come home and have some nice warm food. Too bad we ate all the stew yesterday, because today would've been a perfect Stew day.
So instead I found a Cinnamon Swirl Bread recipe from this Blog: Erica's Edibles. And had all the ingredients (pretty basic stuff... like the biscuits I made the other day), So I put them all together.
I didn't bother taking pictures of making the bread, because she has them on her blog, AND I was too lazy to clean my kitchen, so its a huge mess, and the lighting is crap, since Its winter and its dark.... Either way, here is my Cinnamon Swirl Quick Bread pictures:
JUST before I stuck it in the oven.... I swirled the top around a bit, so it looked a little more interesting.

Right out of the oven.... The house smells sooooooooo amazing right now!!!

Left it in the oven a teeeeeeeeeny bit too long... oops


Pretty AND delicious... and it has swirls in it too!!! I was a little apprehensive if it would or not.


This was such a huge hit... Definitely what I was looking for after this long and cold day... AND I don't know how much longer it is going to last, The boyfriend is on his 3rd piece already... and I will be too after we eat some dinner.

Take care, and Stay warm!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!