Saturday, March 5, 2011

Cappuccino Cookies

Busy morning in the Kitchen... with 2 doggies underfoot now.... wanting to know what I'm making, and when they are going to get to taste it.
Isn't she cute??

Anyway... Last night I found this recipe on Joy the Baker's Blog... I made it this morning (along with Chicken Soup Stock that i was inspired to make at my friend Erin's Blog: A Tale of One Foodie's Culinary Adventures) And I'm going to share it with you now. It is amazing! I've had 3 already, and I think I might have to hide them from myself.
The best part is that they include one of my most favourite flavours: Coffee


Cappuccino Cookies
(from Joy the Baker)

1 cup Butter - softened
3/4 cup Brown Sugar
3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
1 egg
1 egg yolk
2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
2 1/4 cup All Purpose Flour
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Salt
3 TBSP instant Coffee powder
1 cup White Chocolate Chunks




Whisk flour, baking soda, salt and coffee powder together

In the bowl of a stand mixer (with paddle attachment) Beat together the butter and sugars until Light and fluffy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula and then mix in egg, egg yolk and vanilla. Beat until light and fluffy.

Add in Dry ingredients all at once with the mixer at low speed (or else your kitchen (and you) will be covered in flour), until just combined.

Fold in Chocolate with a spatula until well combined.

Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for about 45 minutes.

Preheat oven to 350 F, and line cookie sheets with parchment paper

Drop by heaping tablespoons onto cookie sheets and bake for about 10-12 minutes. Just until the edges are lightly browned.

Wait until the cookies set up enough so you can transfer them to a wire rack to continue cooling.
(except for the one quality-control taste test... my personal favourite part of making cookies)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!