Sunday, June 5, 2011

Oreo Cupcakes


I have had cupcakes on the mind a lot lately. A new girl we have at work introduced me to Cupcake Wars. I'm kind of addicted now. You should watch it... It is incredible what they create in such a short amount of time. And with such weird ingredients. Watch the Sea World episode and you will know what I'm talking about.

This cupcake, I just HAD to try. I saw the recipe and I went and bought Oreos JUST to make these cupcakes. And OMG they are amazing. The recipe makes 24, But I scaled it back to 12. I also changed the frosting, from the original. I'm going to give you the ingredients for 24 cupcakes, since my conversion skills suck, But I did learn something new while Converting-something I should have probably known before. 1/8 cup = 2 TBSP, 1/4 cup = 4 TBSP
And one little bit of advice: Don't use the giant-sized muffin liners like I did.


Oreo Cupcakes
yield: 24, Original recipe: Annie's Eats

24 Oreo Halves, with cream filling attached.
2 1/4 cups All Purpose Flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 cup Butter
1 2/3 cup Sugar
3 large egg whites
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 cup milk
20 Oreo cookies, coarsely chopped (quarter them)



Preheat oven to 350 F; Line cupcake pan with paper liners. Place the Oreo halves in the bottom of each liner, Cream side up.

Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt, set aside.

In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine butter and sugar and beat until light and fluffy at medium high speed. Blend in the egg whites, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Blend in the Vanilla. Turn the speed down to low, and beat in half the dry ingredients just until incorporated. Add the milk and beat just until combined, Then mix in the remaining dry ingredients (i did that last part by hand). Gently fold in the chopped Oreos until evenly incorporated, being careful not to over-mix.

Divide evenly between your prepared liners, Bake 18-22 minutes, rotating pans halfway through baking, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool in the pans for about 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

Whipped Cream Butter cream Icing
1/2 cup softened Butter
3 cups Icing sugar
1/4 cup whipping cream
2 tsp Vanilla

Cream butter until REALLY light and fluffy
Slowly add Icing Sugar Vanilla and whipping cream until It is the right consistency for your taste. You want it Thick and Fluffy.

Put into a piping bag and pipe onto the cupcakes, And then top them with the other Oreo halves without the cream attached.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!