Thursday, October 27, 2011

Daring Baker October 2011 - POVITICA



Holy crap, It's the end of October already... How did that happen?? This year seems like it has gone by really fast... This is already my 10th challenge in the group... Wow, I'm giving myself a pat on the back... (Now if only I could be a much more diligent blogger...)

This month, our host was Jenni of The Gingered Whisk. She introduced us to Povitica (pronounced like Po-va-teet-sa) Which I am very happy to have learned. I have never heard about it before, But I think I will be making this again at Christmas... Jenni gave us recipes for 4, 2, or 1 loaf/loaves and I chose to just make the 1 loaf... although I do want to try this with cheese, to make a Cheese-Swirl bread.
I didn't take step by step pictures this time.. All i ended up with were 3 kind of OK photos...

If you type "Povitica" into Wikipedia, "nut roll" comes up, but it gives you some history on the bread-style. 


I'm going to send you over to the Daring Kitchen website to the link on the Povitica Challenge, rather than copy Jenni's recipe word for word... I didn't change a thing on this challenge, and didn't have time to play around with different fillings like I wanted to, But I am really really happy to have learned this bread. Thanks Jenni... And to all my fellow Daring Bakers for their advice, and inspirational posts of their challenges in the forums. I REALLY love this group!






 




Blog-checking lines: The Daring Baker’s October 2011 challenge was Povitica, hosted by Jenni of The Gingered Whisk. Povitica is a traditional Eastern European Dessert Bread that is as lovely to look at as it is to eat!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!