Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Apple Pockets

So a while back, I got this Apple Pocket Pie thing from Superstore, and a bunch of apples, and puff pastry. But I ate the apples, and made some other stuff with the puff pastry, and stuck the apple-pocket-pie-maker-thing in a drawer... with the obvious intention of making apple-pocket-pies in the very near future. I'm pretty sure that was in September (maybe even in August).

I FINALLY made the Apple Pocket Pies... It only took me a quarter of the year... BUT gee-golly they were so worth it. I do want to try them with some homemade pastry... but baby steps... Its been hard enough to get into the kitchen and make anything other than pasta lately... let alone take pictures of it and then edit them and write about it... But I'm on my way back... with Apple Pocket Pies...

This is pretty much the recipe that came with the pocket-pie-maker-thingy, but I havn't had a chance to tweek it yet... give me some time. BUT If you see this thing for sale... Buy it...it's pretty fun... Like a giant apple cookie cutter that presses things together too!

I lost the recipe card that came with the pie-maker, but It is pretty self explanatory.  I made too many cooked apples, and so had to eat them all on their own (it was a tough job, but someone had to do it!). It uses Store bought puff pastry, and then apples with cinnamon and sugar.. then you bake them... See, easy. I let my mom take some of the pictures, and they are a little out of focus, but I'm going to be okay with that... Because these were AMAZING! I will be making them again soon!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!