Tuesday, June 12, 2012

CRAY-CRAY

Things have been CRAY! 


(that means crazy by the way)


but I promise I will try and get a new post ASAP


I've been working on my decorating skills


if you follow me on insta-gram then you would probably know that already (wlizardbreath is my username there)


on the weekend, I whipped up a batch of Royal Icing and got to practising my flower pipping... I made lilacs (I piped over 200 tiny little flowers), 2 dozen Daffodils, roses in 3 different colours... STILL not great, but they are getting better, and I made some Chrysanthemums... Those are hard... maybe easier in butter cream? I'll have to play a little more with them

So on Sunday, I made a cake (a 1-2-3-4 Vanilla Cake)... but it was kind of dry, and I won't be making that again..


I whipped up a batch of butter cream (I need Butter cream tips... Will I get more flavour if I attempt a Swiss or Italian Meringue butter cream??  The simple stuff just doesn't cut it for me any more), and covered my cake in a light sky/teal blue, 3 large lilacs, and some green (obviously) leaves, and then a darker teal blue on the edges... My edge piping needs work too


I also practised some basket weave pipping too... Pretty easy when it is a flat cutting board... probably going to be harder once i try to do the side of a cake.


Anyway, Once things settle down a little around here, I will get you a new post as soon as possible... and I'll try to get a few pictures of my cake and flowers on here (but I made a bad and forgot my phone in my locker at work... and all the pictures are on there)

I'll be back... I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!